Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes I just miss them.






Actually, tonight I was more just tired of seeing toilet paper on my blog, but I do miss them too.  I know that soon enough I'll go back for visits and enough will be different that I won't miss them quite so much.  But while the kids I know are still at the preschool, I will miss them.  I had kids that I loved dearly before I ever moved but it was different down in Alabama.  It's a much smaller place and I got so much more involved with the families rather than just the kids.  I think that's part of what makes it harder.  I'm really not in some sappy depressed mood right now.  I just kinda miss 'em.

My job is, well, a job.  Still different that what I thought it would be, still different that what I'm used to, still not something I love yet, but I'm starting to get into a comfortable routine.  I don't know exactly how long I'll be there.  Maybe in a few months if you ask me I'll be so in love with it that I can't ever imagine leaving.  But either way, I want to do a good job while I'm there.  I want to be someone the residents feel secure with.  For now this is where God has placed me and for now that's where I'll be.  And that's okay.  If anything, it's nice to be able to start feeling a little more settled.  I have four w-2's this year.  Three of which are from August through December.  Not so much settled those few months:)

Since I didn't go to Jamaica this year, I didn't get my little tropical fix for the winter. I find myself day dreaming about beaches and palm trees more than I ever have before. Perhaps a picture will suffice for now...


Hmm...... looking at it just doesn't have the same effect as being there.  Oh well.  Time to quit wasting time and off to bed I go.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Dear Sarah,
You continue to amaze me with your commitment to do what the Lord wants you to and go where the Lord desires for you to go. Your heart is willing and precious and I love it!
OK enough of that.
My house.
Tomorrow.
Be there or be SQUARE.

Erin said...

Sometimes I just miss you:)
Happy Valentines Day!
Love and Blessings from me to you!

Erin said...

Thanks for the clarification. I was doing my best to try and remember the last time I was at a "lovers leap" with a Brent and for the life of me nothing was coming to mind. Now going to lovers leap with Lisa and Sarah. That I remember:)

Anonymous said...

Dearest roomie: I (if anyone) know the feeling.
Cass

Anonymous said...

Always - we just love you! And always - May God Bless You!!!!

Dad and Mom