Monday, March 13, 2023

The End Is Near!! (The End of Winter)

 Well we've all but made it through the winter season. Officially anyway. But we all know that sometimes here in the Midwest we still have snow days in April, which is just plain wrong. However, we fill up our days with some mundane and some extra stuff that's not mundane and here we are!

Summer took great delight in dressing up Tanner like a little old lady.  I mean, I didn't blame her:)


Guess who figured out the reverse camera on my phone?



Tucker in particular is quite fond of it.


A visit to the doctor in jammies while carrying a puke bowl. But the hope of medicine and a popsicle to soothe the strep made all the difference in the world:)


We've loved trading babysitting days with these friends!


Date night: round one. And after three weeks of no sweets because of our current health challenge we're on (which is aaaaaaallllllllllmost over!), Crumbl Cookie tasted pretty good!


Summer could play in the snow for hours.  She drags her brothers along, and one of them discovered that when mom actually gets the appropriate clothing and boots, it's not so bad!


A lot of times I'll sit on my bed during afternoon rest time while Tucker does his in the living room. Tanner does not believe in naps anymore and while I try to somewhat enforce a rest time for him, I usually end up with a little visitor a lot sooner than what I'm really ready for.


Date night: round two. We go in spurts and it's either feast or famine with date nights. But we do what we can when we can! And also we escaped. With the help of a lot of hints.


I guess just a quick 20 minute winter walk is the trick to get him to nap.


After watching the circus, Summer made her own circus. She loves to sculpt and wiki stix have fallen into the category of things she can sculpt and mold with.


The best way ever to fill up a winter weekend with no plans: the local hotel!


After asking to "do spowts" for a very long time, Sawyer's dream finally came true.  He loved playing basketball at the Y this winter and is ready and waiting for next year!


And speaking of "spowts", I was rooting for the Chiefs this year, simply because we have friends in Kansas who are big fans. Sawyer informed me he was rooting for the Eagles. Which he did the whole way through until the very end when it was clear that the Chiefs would win. Then he quickly switched loyalties. Learning how to lose well is a work in progress!


I helped with the class Valentine's party this year and took a couple extra buddies with me. 


At home for Valentine's day we had a jello slurping contest. Along with ravioli with red sauce and chocolate covered strawberries. And that was the extent of our celebration!


One day at the library I watched as Tanner put the turtle together with no help and about dropped my jaw. But after some experimentation I think it's the only puzzle he can do.


Sunday night family outing to walk around the mall.  Too bad we are out of touch and had no idea that it closed at 6:00 on Sunday nights. It was pretty short but sweet!


Another winter walk; this time along Lake Michigan on a girl's getaway weekend. The ab workout for the weekend came from laughing.


A quick pic on a gorgeous and unseasonably warm day with my girl:)


Crazy hair for Dr. Suess day!


I spy some cute little toes. It's a good thing winter is almost over because our wardrobe is just limping along. But I think we'll make it without having to buy anything until next year!


When you have to take gather all your dear children for a trip to get your haircut. They did great until the very end at which point the stylist was very willingly helping me gather both my things and my dear children:)


A quick trip to IL where Summer became an eager learner with a hammer and nails.  We now have a stack of nailed together 2x4s in our house that I'm just not sure what to do with.


Again with the wiki stix scenes.


And again with the reverse camera.


Not pictured is our 9th anniversary! We had plans to go out but we cancelled on one sitter when their mom got sick and then our back up sitter had to cancel because she got sick! It was nasty weather outside so I was more than content to just stay home. But we never did get an official anniversary picture. Oops!

We got hit with the stomach bug. Again. And are praying for the Lord's mercies that the second half of us go unscathed. And feeling a little anxious about it all. So....

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments: