Thursday, July 02, 2020

Everyday Life

Again with the crafting.  All day every day if she would be allowed.  I have limited her mostly to the time after lunch when Tucker is in bed and she's not because crafting with Tucker around takes the stress level from about a 2 to off the charts.


One weekend afternoon Danny turned on the sprinkler for the kids (well, and himself because it's HOT!) and used that time to wash some of the bigger outside toys.  Summer said "I'm pretending this is fun but it's really not.  We should be getting paid for this!"


Sometimes they just sit and look at books and I love that so much.


He's a goofball, that one!


So... this picture:)  Our permits came so I guess that means we officially have permission to live in Haiti now.  But this picture!  I was in the middle of my first trimester and felt nasty.  My hair was greasy- combination of the heat and desperately needing a shower.  I was wearing a sleeveless dress and they said my shoulders had to be completely covered.  So they had this jacket for me to wear.  I was so hot already and not feeling well.  And then I put on this jacket, that, judging by the smell had never been washed.  So I held my breath as best I could and thank the Lord they were satisfied after the first shot they took.  And then we got the pictures printed and cracked up!  I think I look like a little grade school boy from the 1800's or something like that!


Seriously- a goofball!  And yes, he's wearing the same shirt.  I think it was from the same day but truthfully, he wears the same outfit for at least two days in a row and sometimes three.  Including bedtime.  I mean, he doesn't have a ton of clothes so if they're not terribly dirty, what's the point of a new outfit every day?!?!?!


The Aberle's are all out on furlough right now.  Once a week or so Danny goes to check on their house.  And while they're gone we are the keepers of their 4-wheeler.  A lot of days he drives that to work in the afternoon and then texts me when he's leaving work.  When I get the text, I send the kids to the bottom of our back steps where he meets them and drives them up the hill to our front gate.  They love it so much!  Sometimes Sawyer will go to the bottom gate like an hour before Danny's finished working to meet him.  He doesn't last the whole hour usually but he sure is excited for his daddy to come home!  Well, and he's excited for his ride, too:)


The goofball is also a determined little fella.  When we're doing dishes he goes to the bathroom to retrieve the stool (yes that is a squatty potty) and brings it to the kitchen to get a better view of the action.  And if he gets distracted for awhile and leaves the kitchen, we will return it to the bathroom.  But he will go back and get it again so he can see!  He is not a fan of being on the sidelines, that's for sure!


This was on my flip calendar yesterday.  It made me say "ouch".  If you can't read it, it says "From pain will emerge a deeper trust in God... a beauty we could not imagine."


Happy Thursday, everyone!  Or whatever day it may be when you read this:)

No comments: