Sunday, February 02, 2020

Didn't Mean For It To Go This Long...

Well now!  I've been wanting to blog for awhile now, but I was having some technical difficulties.  Which is nothing new under the sun in my world.  But here we are finally!  We've been back almost a month now though it feels like longer.  It feels weird that we were ever even gone.  I know we were though because of all the language we lost.  I got plenty made fun of when people realized how much I completely forgot:)  But I can tell that I am once again making progress!  

I think I mentioned in the last post that the container with all of our stuff on it finally came while we were in the states.  In it was my beloved purple bowl.  I got this bowl in a Christmas grab a few years ago and I just really liked it.  I had originally put it up in storage but asked Danny's sister if she could put it on the container.  I just was wishing I had it.  Well she searched and searched for it but just couldn't find it so I said don't worry about it.  And then at the last minute she found it in an unexpected place.  I was so excited!  So I unpacked the boxes and found a spot for my beloved purple bowl.  And then within about ten minutes of me putting it there, along comes Tucker to get into the cupboards.  Cause that's what he does.  And he pulled out my precious bowl, dropped it onto the tile floor, and broke it beyond use.  All that for nothing!  It looks usable in the picture but there was a crack over halfway through the whole thing:(


Some of us spent time at the beach a few weeks ago.  I think it is a pretty regular activity here, but with all the unrest it had not been safe enough to travel freely and we had never been.  So we finally got to go!  Summer loved playing with the other kids and loved being turned into a mermaid.

 

Sawyer played mostly by himself, thoroughly enjoying digging and digging and digging.  We left Tucker back with someone who didn't go which made for a much more relaxing experience.


Speaking of Tucker, he finally got a haircut.


It was his third or fourth haircut but it still made me a little sad.  But he really needed one and I guess he's still pretty cute:)


Sawyer's birthday presents, including a little pool, were on the container.  His birthday is in October so it was fun for him to be able to celebrate again.


One of our house ladies stopped by one day with her darling little baby.  So cute!!


These three stop by our house multiple times a week.  Depending on my mood and what I'm doing at the time I either enjoy it or get annoyed.  Just being real.  But they always like to try and sell me produce.  Sometimes I  buy it and sometimes not.  But they are regulars around here!


And then the next container came right on schedule!!


I took the kids down to watch it be unloaded for awhile.  We had a few things we had put on there but mostly just restocking our pantry and our SNACKS!!  I mean, once I saw the amount of snacks I had sent I realized I may have overcompensated for not sending many the last time.  But we're all set for a good while now!


Also on that container were some fake tarantulas that a certain grandma who likes to play tricks sent down so her grand kids could scare people:)  I told Danny they're going to be so normal for Tucker to hold that one day he's going to pick one up outside and I will freak out!!  Good thing they mainly just come out at night when he's in bed:)


We are feeling good and settled again.  We've had back to back teams the last three weeks.  That doesn't affect me too much since I don't do too much with them.  But it keeps a lot of the others plenty busy!  However it has been nice to enjoy some extra fellowship with them being here.  And now hopefully I have all my technical difficulties figured out and it won't be so long until I post again:)

2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

So glad you are settled back and it feels like you never left? Wow.

SO sorry about the purple bowl :(

Mary K. said...

Love keeping up with your life! Your kids are growing and seem very well adjusted! Life does go on, right? Prayers always!