Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October Came And Went

Well tomorrow is the first day of November which brings us that much closer to the official Thanksgiving/Christmas season!  I'm celebrating by listening to Christmas music as I write this:)  

*sidenote* This past weekend I went to a "favorite things" fall brunch.  We each bought three of our favorite fall things to exchange with the other girls at the brunch.  Whilst brainstorming of what I could bring I asked Danny what was a thing I love about fall.  He said "Christmas music?"  It's true!

Anyway.  October was kind of laid back and relaxing and kind of a blur.  Thank you, newborn baby!  Most of our days and evenings and weekends were spent just staying home, which was nice, but we're glad to be out and about again.

Almost every time it rains Summer asks to go outside and stand in the rain with an umbrella.  I say yes about 1% of the time.  This particular time Daddy was home and not only did she get to stand in the rain, they even took a walk!  It's really a good thing our kids have one adventurous parent.


Danny's mom has a fall party every year and the kids usually dress up.  Summer was more than happy to wear her princess garb and it was pinterest along with a last minute 97 cent stocking cap purchase to the rescue for Sawyer.  Tucker opted out of the dressing up this year.


Grandma's house has kitties.  And our little kitty lover takes full advantage of when she can.  One nice thing about living in town is that I don't feel bad saying no to getting a cat:)


One day my mom texted and asked for pictures.  She didn't clarify that she wanted pictures of the kids so this is what she got!


On a beautiful fall evening we found ourselves with just Tucker at home and wanted to take advantage of that.  So we climbed the fire tower!  I was a little hesitant because I am so badly out of shape but we took it slow and I did it and felt pretty accomplished!  And going down is far worse than going up if you ask me.


I guess it's just animals in general for Summer.  She could have brushed the goat all night long at the Global Missions event!  Really I think I'd rather have a goat than a cat.


I came home from Wal*Mart one night to find the kids playing church.  I love that they love church!


The same day that Tucker was born, I had a first cousin that passed away very unexpectedly.  She and her family have been living in Utah for 15 or so years, and there was no funeral.  They asked that people who knew her would just get together to have their own version of a memorial service in her honor.  So a couple weeks ago we decided to make the trip to IL when my family did just that.  It was kind of a question whether or not to even go with a newborn and all but I'm so glad we did!  It was a very simple evening with some aunts, uncles, and cousins, but a special one.  Oh, and also in that same 24 hour period another cousin got married.  It was quite the range of events and emotions in the family that weekend!

One reason I was excited to go was because I could go ride along during harvest after all!  And here I thought it wasn't going to happen this year.  But guess what.  We got there on Friday night and it turns out they finished up the last field that afternoon.  I missed harvest by about three hours!  Go figure.  However I did get to ride a little bit in the tractor while my dad planted wheat.  I only had a few minutes because Tucker got hungry, but Summer spent about three hours with him!  It's kind of a bad picture of both of them but she loves being with him.  And of course- the crown.


Also my grandma got to meet Tucker while we were there.  She just loooooooooves to sit and hold babies!


And speaking of the little Tuckerdoodle, he's just so sweet and snuggly!  And sleepy.  Until he's hungry.  Then he's really loud.  And he tends to have some fussy time in the evenings.  But the last couple weeks almost he's been doing about five hours at night so if that's what I get in exchange for the fussies, I'll take it.  We love him to pieces!


The three little boy cousins have all made their debuts now.  We are still waiting on their little girl cousin who is coming in about a month.  She is sure to be well protected and loved by these three! 


And we finished up our month by celebrating Sawyer's second birthday!


He has been singing "Happy Birthday" to himself for quite some time now.  And when he gets done he pretends to blow out candles and everything:)  But all that practice paid off cause he blew those things out with no problem at all!


This kid makes us laugh and go crazy every day of his existence!  He is happy go lucky and so stinkin' mischievous.  A 2 year old boy to the max!  He loves cars and trucks, candy, flushing toilets, chips, his sister, climbing on and in everything, and stealing my chapstick just to name a few.  Life is better with him in it!


Happy October, everyone!

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Your mom asking for pictures! lol!! Oh that is great.