Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas!!

Well the last week of our lives has been a little bit of a whirlwind.  Not unlike many of you I'm sure.  Tiring, but oh so worth it!  We started out in Illinois with my family for a few days last week.  We had plenty of great family time, some friend time, and we even got to go to the Christmas program that the church choir puts on each year!  It's always on a Wednesday night so we haven't gone and I've been talking to Danny about how much I miss it ever since we got married.  So I was super excited to go again!

Summer is not especially into presents yet.  She's just not quite old enough to understand.


 But she did like what was inside once it was opened and out of the box!


She loved being with her grandparents and cousins and I loved watching her be with them.


She's still a little shy when we first get out there but she is slowly getting to know them and building a relationship with them!


These happen to be some of my very favorite people in the world:)


Sawyer finally got to meet my grandma:)  She loves little babies and was in her own little world here!


And he took his first sink bath and LOVED it!


But all the action wore him out and when it was time for his last feeding before bed he just couldn't. wake. up.


We came back and had our little family Christmas on Christmas Eve.  It was really low key but we still enjoyed it!  Danny did a great job on my gift- getting me some cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies and snacks to go with them!  And we got to watch one that night:)


He really didn't have anything to open that night.  I did the 12 Days of Christmas for him so he had been opening little things all along.  The last one was a card with 12 things I love about him but it did seem a little weird to not have an actual present to open.  But I think he liked it anyway!


The next day it was onto Danny's family!


There was the kids Christmas play,


the men's rendition of Little Drummer Boy,


lots of play time,


and a few presents from grandpa and grandma.


AND... there was the most unique and crazy grab bag game for the adults!  My brother in law made up a Fear Factor game where basically, the harder the stunt, the more money/gift cards you got.  It was pretty intense!


Just ask the people who ate live critters.  And yes, that is a barf bucket- just in case!  But out of I think 16 different critters between six or seven different people, it was only used once.  What. A. Night!


Looking back, it's hard to believe all the festivities started just a week ago.  So much was squeezed into that time.  But we loved every minute of it and are so grateful to have had that time!

No comments: