Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thankful

We had a great Thanksgiving with our family!  We celebrated early with Danny's family last weekend and then headed out to Illinois to be with my family over the actual holiday.  There was a get together with my extended family, a movie night with a few cousins, having lunch at my favorite restaurant (twice), games with my parents.... for all of which my camera stayed safely tucked away in it's case.  Finally on Saturday night I remembered to bring it out during a small get together with some friends.  We had a wonderful evening having supper, playing games and just catching up on life.


My brother and his family had been gone all weekend until Saturday, so we had our family Thanksgiving on Sunday.  Summer had never gotten her own ice cream on a stick before and she thought it was pretty fun!


We also got to meet our niece who was born four weeks before Sawyer.  We were afraid they didn't really like each other, because they wouldn't look at each other!


So we traded places and were feeling better about the situation.


But then she bopped him on the chin so we just don't know what their feelings about each other are.  Only time will tell!


After all that, it was good to get back into our own space and routine.  Plus, we're going back in just a few weeks for Christmas so it's not quite so hard to say goodbye.  

As for right now, I just got really tired and would love to lay down for a nap.  But Summer just woke up.  Ain't that how it goes!!

1 comment:

javon said...

How fun!