Sunday, October 30, 2016

Welcome To The Great Big World!

Sawyer Jacob entered our world at 12:13 pm on October 28.  He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 20.5 inches long.  We've got ourselves a robust little fella!


I had a scheduled induction but thought for sure I wouldn't actually make it that far because at my last doctors appointment nine days earlier she said my body was good and ready.  But I guess little man just was too cozy to come on out.  So we showed up, got started, and begged for an epidural.  That was all between the hours of 7:00-10:30ish.  By the time I got my epi, I was at 5cm and settled in for a little nap, thinking it would be mid to late afternoon before things really picked up.  My labor with Summer was 24 hours and I figured it wouldn't go that long again but didn't think it would go too incredibly quick.  Well.  About 11:30-11:45 I started thinking the nurse should check me because I could feel enough pressure to know that the contractions were coming long and hard and right on top of each other.  Right around noon my doctor stopped by to see how it was going and to do a quick check.  To which she said if nobody comes in here, this baby is going to deliver himself!  So we had a quick whirlwind setup, three or four pushes, and there he was!  It was a whole lot faster and easier than I expected, having pushed for two hours with Summer.  I was pretty happy about not having to do that again!

Those first moments are pretty surreal...


First family of four picture:)


This girl.  She cracks me up!  She loves the "de-de" for right now but we're not sure she'll love him once it's just me at home with her and Sawyer!  But for the next couple weeks she'll be well taken care of by grandma and daddy and will not have to face reality quite yet.


Cashed out after a tasty meal.  He's so red and blotchy and scratched up!  He came out with super long, razor sharp nails so I kinda wonder if he scratched himself up real good inside the womb.


Chillin' out in his first real outfit just waiting to go home!  Oh, and we got a little chastised about the paci:)  But boy it sure was nice to have a four hour stretch of sleep the night before!


The official celebration meal before heading home.  Twas tasty!


We have loved starting to get to know our little guy.  So far he has been pretty good.  He loves to be rocked and held but hasn't been a terrible crier thus far.  But he does have really stinky toots!  Looking forward to taking him home and getting settled and start introducing him to our friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So thankful to hear he arrived safe and sound :) He is a handsome lil guy!

Sara F

Jessica E said...

Congratulations!! So glad everything went faster than last time! Hope you are all doing well and that Summer adjusts quickly!

sarah.flyingkites said...

awww! That dark hair is adorable!! Congratulations Danny & Sarah! The name is so cute!

Erin said...

Congrats momma! Praying for you as you settle into your new normal.