Sunday, November 04, 2012

Athens- Finally

I finally had a much anticipated trip to Athens this weekend.  I haven't been there since June so I was pretty excited!  As usual, my picture taking was pretty sporatic and unpredictable, but I did manage to get a few.  Things I did not get a picture of:
Hanging out with Devin on Friday afternoon, carb fest at Mark and Bekah's Friday night in preparation for the next day, stopping by a former student's football game to say hi Saturday afternoon and supper/games with several church families Saturday night.
 
Things I did get pictures of:
 
Running (well, I walked half) a 5k Saturday morning.  Two people in our group got first in their age group (not me- I got 11 out of 12 in my group), and one got fastest overall for the 40+ age group!  I had a time in my head that I wanted but I (insert excuses here) and got two minutes longer than that.  So not terrible, but I have a ways to go.  Oh, and for me to place in my age group I would have had to shave 12 minutes off my time.  Probably not gonna happen next time either:) 
 
 
The race was fun, but afterwards we were sooooo tired.........

 
Saturday lunch- using napkins as bibs in preparation for a Mexican feast!

 
Sunday lunch after church.  I was bummed that I forgot to take pictures on Saturday because we did a lot of fun stuff.  So I quick snapped a few pictures of the people sitting closest to me at lunch.
 

Awww...... the happy couple.

 
Bummer about the glare in this one- me with 3/4 of the Edelman girls.

 
Cass, Bekah and Natalie cheesin'.

 
In a nutshell: GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great having you in town! We miss you already! Great memories!
Bekah

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha......but you also forgot to post pictures of our Walmart run!!!!!! ;)

Erin said...

Good Job You actually running in the 5k. I just walked the entire thing:D
Have a WONDERFUL week. Miss you! love and blessings!