Friday, October 05, 2012

Glory Days Gone By

I'm sure I've mentioned it several times on here, but the long standing joke in my family is that I'm going to be an Olympic gymnast someday.  Well, the other night I had the opportunity to take my 6 year old cousin to her gymnastics class- at the very same studio where I once practiced my skills:)  Her mom told me earlier that the teacher had pictures up of her old students so I went prepared with my camera.  Lo and behold, there in the picture frame labeled "1993" was me!  So for anyone who doubts my abilites or laughs in the face of my Olympic dreams, here you go.  There IS a gymnast inside of me!  Just look at that physique!  Maybe I should drop out of school and start training for Rio 2016???
 
 
 
 
What an outfit.  And those bangs!  My mom always said I looked like a sheepdog with the bangs in my face like that.  She might have been right.  But an 11 year old girl has to express herself, you know! 

Actually, while I was watching the class I found myself thinking "I bet if I practiced I could relearn some of this stuff...."  I mean, I can still pull off a pretty sweet cartwheel.  So if you see me in the near future and I'm sporting an ace bandage, a sling, a cast, crutches or a wheelchair, you  know why!

3 comments:

Staci said...

I bet Julie would give you private lessons!

Raquel said...

at least your gymnastic suit is decent enough to post on your blog. i don't think i'd be brave enough to post mine online! eeeeeeek :-] LOL

Erin said...

You were spot on with interpreting Damion. Good Job You.
Loved the post. A few weeks ago I pulled out the one handed cartwheel to show my kids and they were so impressed:)
I even thought hmmm... maybe I will teach them some basic gymnastics. Ha...okay maybe not.
Have a wonderful weekend. Love you. Blessings