Saturday, September 17, 2011

We're Rollin' Now!

Well harvest is in full swing.  They called me on Tuesday to see if I could come in for awhile because they were starting to have a few farmers go.  (Can't remember if I mentioned it, but I'm working at the elevator again through harvest.)  So I went in around noon thinking I would be there for a few hours and it turned into a full 8 hour day.  But it's been good though.  Aside from trying to get used to an early schedule, that is.  I really don't mind getting up early as long as I get to bed on decent time.  And I love the job.  It's long hours and six days a week unless I ask off for something.  But it's a fun job and if all goes smoothe it will be over in two months or less.  So for that amount of time, I can handle long days.  And I love talking to the farmers and truckers that come in.  It's just fun!

Here is the place where I was going to put a cute little picture of a combine that I found online but it just doesn't seem to be working like I think it should.  So just use your imagination and maybe I'll get some real pictures of my own in the next few days.  Happy harvesting!

1 comment:

Erin said...

If only I had a tractor... and I was in central Il.... I would drive through to see you just so we could chat:). I hope you have a great Tuesday. Love and Blessings!